Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly willing to break their transfer record to sign Michael Keane.
The Everton defender is believed to be one of Mauricio Pochettino’s summer target with Spurs weighing up a £50million bid.
This would eclipse the £42million they spent on Davinson Sanchez in August 2017.
Alderweireld will have just a year left on his contract in the summer but has a release clause of £25million.
Jan Vertonghen turns 32 this month and Spurs are thought to be preparing for life without their trusty Belgium internationals.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Middlesbrough vs Bristol City (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Accrington Stanley vs Sunderland (Wednesday 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Liverpool (Friday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Norwich vs QPR (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Huddersfield vs Leicester (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester City vs Brighton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Coventry vs Bristol Rovers (Sunday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Watford vs Wolves (Sunday, 4pm) – talkSPORT
Arsenal, though, are also thought to be looking at Keane and could rival Tottenham for the centre-back’s signature.
The Gunners sent scouts to watch the England international during Everton’s 2-0 win over West Ham last Saturday.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
HERE TO ASSIST
Christian Eriksen has joined Manchester United legend as assist king
Police, Everton investigate footage of pub brawl allegedly involving Jordan Pickford
Keane joined Everton from Burnley in 2017 for £25million and has impressed representing the Toffees.
He made his England debut while still playing for Burnley, and has since gone on to win seven caps for Gareth Southgate’s side.
Football Index Futures
Become a Football Futures Trader on
Trade £500 RISK FREE for 7 Days.
- Build your Portfolio
- Earn Dividends
- Sell at a Profit!
Get started from just £10 Learn more - join.fifutures.com