Talk Sport

Inter Milan ‘agree personal terms’ with Alexis Sanchez as unsettled Manchester United star seeks Old Trafford exit

Inter Milan have agreed personal terms with Manchester United’s unsettled winger Alexis Sanchez, according to reports.

San Siro chief Antonio Conte wants to bring Sanchez back to Italy this summer, but the forward’s enormous wages may well be a stumbling block in the deal.

Inter have reportedly agreed personal terms with Sanchez
Getty

Ex-Chelsea boss Conte wants to make the Chilean his second signing from United this summer after bringing in Romelu Lukaku earlier this month.

The Serie A outfit are far from finished in the market, even after shelling out £74m on Lukaku, and the Daily Mail report that they would be willing to offer around £20m for Sanchez.

The report also claimed Inter will offer the 30-year-old around £5m-per-year, a significant drop in his currently wage which current stands at £9m-a-year.

Now, Sky Sports Italy claim Sanchez has agreed personal terms with Inter and his agent is now set to start negotiating with Man United over a transfer fee.


However,  ahead of Unted’s match against Wolves on Monday, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer poured cold water on the rumours and backed the Chilean to come good.

He said: “Alexis is such a professional and he comes in working every single day, really hard, and he wants to be part of this.

“It’s these stories again that he’s been put in the reserves and all this – of course he hasn’t.

“He’s part of our squad and he’s a very, very good player. He’s had three weeks now, so he’s a few weeks behind the rest but he’s very close to being part of it.”

Also when asked if Sanchez will be an option as striker this season, Solskjaer said: “We don’t have the biggest forward line in numbers, so Alexis might end up playing a lot more games than you expect.

“We expect him to come good at this club. He’s quality.”

Please follow and like us:
error
Talk Sport

Manchester United target Jadon Sancho ‘will leave Borussia Dortmund next summer’ and spark Premier League transfer fight

Jadon Sancho will be allowed to leave Borussia Dortmund next summer, according to reports.

Sancho shot to prominence last season with a blistering campaign for the Bundesliga side, scoring 13 times and adding 19 assists in all competitions.

Sancho will be allowed to leave BVB next summer
Getty

Manchester United were linked with the England international following his impressive performances for club and country.

However, the Premier League club were reportedly told in no uncertain terms that he was not for sale.

In the latest development, the Daily Mail reports the current campaign is set to be the 19-year-old’s last for Die Borrusen.

Dortmund believe they will struggle to keep Sancho beyond this season and are willing to cash in on the youngster, who is under currently under contract until 2022.

As well as the interest from Man United, it is claimed Sancho’s former side City will join the race for the teenager,.


The winger, who left Manchester City for £7million in 2017, is reportedly valued at more than £100m by the club.

Man United remain the frontrunners for the forward’s signature, with Ole Gunnar Soslkjaer keen to reopen talks next summer.

Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke revealed earlier this week that they recently rejected an approach for the winger.

He told Ruhr Nachrichten (via the MEN): “A chief of one of the super clubs asked me back in spring if there was a chance [to sign Sancho] but I told him straight away he should forget about it and he never contacted me again.

“He knew I meant what I said.”

Please follow and like us:
error
Talk Sport

Transfer news and football gossip: Dortmund searching for Sancho replacement, Zaha could still leave Crystal Palace, Sanchez ‘refuses’ to join Roma

talkSPORT.com rounds up all the latest transfer news and football gossip from today’s papers and online…

Borussia Dortmund are already on the search for a replacement for Jadon Sancho, with the 19-year-old England winner set to leave next summer (Daily Mail)

Wilfried Zaha could still leave Crystal Palace this summer, Eagles boss Roy Hodgson admits (The Sun)

Manchester United and Roma agreed a deal for Alexis Sanchez to go on loan at the Serie A club but the striker ‘refused’ to leave Old Trafford (Tancredi Palmieri)

Sanchez’s time at Old Trafford has been a disaster so far
getty

Xherdan Shaqiri has fuelled speculation he will leave Liverpool by telling Swiss media he’s ‘disappointed’ with his lack of playing time (FULL STORY)

Meanwhile, former Liverpool star Daniel Sturridge has been linked with a move to Monaco (L’Equipe)

Bury owner Steve Dale and player Stephen Dawson got  into an amazing bust-up LIVE on talkSPORT on Friday (FULL STORY)

Dawson says he could lose his house if the club go out of business. (FULL STORY)

Dawson and Dale came to blows on talkSPORT

Paul Pogba’s brother Mathias says the French midfielder still wants to leave Manchester United and go to Real Madrid (FULL STORY)

Christian Eriksen is “not at Real Madrid or Barcelona’s level” believes Jamie Carragher (FULL STORY)

AC Milan are considering a bid for out of favour Spurs full-back Serge Aurier if Andrea Conti leaves the club (Gazzerra dello Sport)

Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane says he is happy to have James Rodriguez in his squad amid links to the Colombian leaving the Bernabeu (Corriere dello Sport)


Moussa Sissoko says he cried after losing the Champions League final with Tottenham last season (FULL STORY)

Arsenal manager Unai Emery admits he does not know if the club’s summer signings have made the Gunners stronger. (Daily Mirror)

Please follow and like us:
error
Talk Sport

Christian Eriksen: Tottenham star is ‘not at Real Madrid or Barcelona’s level’, says ex-Liverpool man Jamie Carragher

Christian Eriksen is not at the level required to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona.

This is the view of Jamie Carragher, who was commenting on the Tottenham star’s credentials over whether he could play for the LaLiga giants.

Eriksen’s future will be a worry for everyone connected with Spurs
Getty Images – Getty

The 27-year-old’s future at Spurs is in doubt, especially because his contract expires next summer.

He has also been linked with a move to Manchester United with Tottenham desperate to secure a new deal for him.



Eriksen and Spurs got off to a winning start in the 2019/20 Premier League season after coming from behind to beat Aston Villa at home.

Spurs next face reigning champions Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday – a game you can listen to LIVE on talkSPORT – kick-off 5:30pm which is talkSPORT’s third commentary on GameDay.

LIVE on talkSPORT

talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up this weekend…

  • Arsenal vs Burnley (Saturday, 12.30pm) – talkSPORT
  • Sunderland vs Portsmouth (Saturday, 12.30pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Norwich City vs Newcastle United (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur (Saturday, 5.30pm) – talkSPORT
  • Reading vs Cardiff City (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2


However, former Premier League defender Carragher is not all that convinced about Eriksen, although he admits the midfielder is a key player for Spurs.

Carragher wrote in the Daily Telegraph: “Eriksen is not at Real [Madrid] or Barcelona’s level. Eriksen was fully fit in Madrid (in the Champions League final and gave an equally disappointing display (as Kane).

“There was not much evidence of him being Spurs’ main man that night.”

Instead, Carragher said Spurs would suffer much more if they were to lose star striker Harry Kane, who has been linked with Real Madrid in the past.

Carragher believes Spurs would miss Kane far more than they would ever miss Eriksen

Carragher added: “I do not write this to deride Eriksen, an excellent footballer who has shone in a Tottenham jersey. It is simply my belief that Kane is the one man in the squad Pochettino could not afford to lose in this window, or at any point in the last three years.

“Here is the truest measure of Kane’s class: Go through the respective line-ups of Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City when they face up this weekend. Which Spurs player would be on Pep Guardiola’s shopping list?

“There is a reason he called Spurs ‘the Harry Kane’ team.

“With Sergio Aguero now 31, Guardiola would love nothing more than to have the Tottenham striker as a natural replacement if the opportunity arose. I would be amazed if he is not the number one choice.”

Saturday is GameDay on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 as we become your go to destination for all the Premier League action.

We’ll bring you LIVE commentary of Premier League games across all three time slots on Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm – delivering award-winning coverage to more GameDay listeners than ever.

Please follow and like us:
error
Football Index

How Arsenal’s exciting summer arrivals and returning youth prospects fit in Emery’s grand plan

Arsenal completed a record breaking £72million deal for Ivory Coast international Nicolas Pepe (£2.81) over the summer, in a move that shocked parts of the footballing world. Looking at face value, you would think that Nicolas Pepe’s arrival would be damaging for the playing time potential of youngsters like Saka, Martinelli and Reiss Nelson. But […]

The post How Arsenal’s exciting summer arrivals and returning youth prospects fit in Emery’s grand plan appeared first on Football INDEX News.

Please follow and like us:
error
Talk Sport

Xherdan Shaqiri: Liverpool forward hints at Anfield exit amid ‘disappointment’ over playing time

Xherdan Shaqiri has fuelled speculation he could leave Liverpool after admitting he is unhappy with his lack of playing time at Anfield.

The Switzerland international joined the Reds from Stoke City for £13million in the summer of 2018.

Shaqiri is a fringe player at Liverpool
Getty Images – Getty

He made 24 Premier League appearances last season, however, he only started in eleven of them.

The forward, 27, is something of a fringe player for the Anfield club and has yet to feature for them this season – with his only appearance coming in their Community Shield defeat to Manchester City.

Although he picked up an injury while playing in the Nations League in June, Shaqiri’s fall down the pecking order at Liverpool over the past few months has been rapid.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain started against Chelsea in the Super Cup while striker Divock Origi has also worked his way up following his Champions League form.

Shaqiri was in Liverpool’s squad in their Super Cup win against Chelsea but played no part in the game
Getty Images – Getty

There have even been suggestions Shaqiri could go this summer as the transfer window is still open in Europe’s other big leagues.

And Shaqiri fired a warning to Reds boss Jurgen Klopp about his future, admitting that he needs to ‘look at the situation and find a solution’.

In an interview with Swiss publication BZ Langenthaler Tagblatt, Shaqiri said: “I am disappointed that I am no longer getting to play in matches.

“No player is happy to sit on the bench.

“It is clear that I would like to have more playing time. I need to take a good look at the situation and find a solution.”

LIVE on talkSPORT

talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up this weekend…

  • Arsenal vs Burnley (Saturday, 12.30pm) – talkSPORT
  • Sunderland vs Portsmouth (Saturday, 12.30pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Norwich City vs Newcastle United (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur (Saturday, 5.30pm) – talkSPORT
  • Reading vs Cardiff City (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2


Shaqiri has been linked with the likes of Monaco and Galatasaray, however, he claims to have no knowledge of interest from them.

He added: “[Monaco and Galatasaray?] I have no idea where those stories have come from.

“I don’t know anything about offers from those clubs.”


Saturday is GameDay on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 as we become your go to destination for all the Premier League action.

We’ll bring you LIVE commentary of Premier League games across all three time slots on Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm – delivering award-winning coverage to more GameDay listeners than ever.

Please follow and like us:
error
Football Index

Saturday 17th August Eligible Fixtures

The following are today’s Treble Match Day Fixtures: Premier League Arsenal v Burnley | 12:30 Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth | 15:00 Brighton & Hove Albion v West Ham United | 15:00 Everton v Watford | 15:00 Norwich City v Newcastle United | 15:00 Southampton v Liverpool | 15:00 Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur | 17:30   Ligue 1:  Nantes vs Marseille | 16:30 Amiens vs Lille | 19:00 Bordeaux vs Montpellier | […]

The post Saturday 17th August Eligible Fixtures appeared first on Football INDEX News.

Please follow and like us:
error
Talk Sport

Bayern Munich confirm Philippe Coutinho has agreed to join club from Barcelona

Barcelona playmaker Philippe Coutinho is to join Bayern Munich, the two clubs have confirmed.

Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic revealed in the wake of their 2-2 draw with Hertha Berlin on Friday night that the Bundesliga champions had reached an agreement with the former Liverpool star.

Coutinho is reportedly headed to Bayern
Getty Images – Getty

Coutinho, who has struggled to reproduce the sort of form he showed for Liverpool since leaving the Reds in a £142 million deal in January 2018, was omitted from Barcelona’s squad to face Atletico Bilbao in their LaLiga opener on Friday evening ahead of the switch.

“I can confirm that (chief executive) Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and I were in Barcelona and we have reached an agreement with the club, player and agent,” Salihamidzic was quoted as telling broadcaster ZDF.

“We are delighted to have brought him to Bayern. It is a one-year loan deal with an option to buy him for Bayern. He is a very versatile player who will surely give us a lot of options.

“Only a few details are still to be sorted out. We are very happy that we will bring this player to Bayern.”

The Brazilian attacker is moving to the Allianz Arena on a season-long loan, with the option of a permanent deal.

Barcelona’s director of institutional relations Guillermo Amor also announced the agreement, telling reporters. “We can confirm that we have reached an agreement with Bayern Munich over the loan of Coutinho.”


Coutinho has made 75 appearances for Barcelona, scoring 21 goals.

The 27-year-old will become Niko Kovac’s fifth summer signing.

Coutinho’s future has been the subject of intense speculation for the whole summer, given the arrival at the Nou Camp of Antoine Griezmann and their interest in bringing Neymar back to the club.

Neymar left Barcelona in a stunning £200million deal back in 2017, but now could return to his old club after telling the French champions he wants to leave.


Saturday is GameDay on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 as we become your go to destination for all the Premier League action. We’ll bring you LIVE commentary of Premier League games across all three time slots on Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm – delivering award-winning coverage to more GameDay listeners than ever.

Please follow and like us:
error
Talk Sport

Bayern Munich agree deal with Barcelona to sign former Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho on season-long loan – reports

Barcelona playmaker Philippe Coutinho is set to join Bayern Munich on loan, according to reports.

According to Catalan radio station RAC1, the German champions have agreed a deal to bring the Brazilian to the Allianz Arena on an initial season-long loan.

Coutinho is reportedly headed to Bayern
Getty Images – Getty

Coutinho has not been included in Barcelona’s squad to face Atletico Bilbao in their LaLiga opener on Friday evening.

Reports this week suggested Camp Nou chiefs have been desperate to include the midfielder in a deal to bring Neymar back to the club.

Neymar left Barcelona in a stunning £200million deal back in 2017, but now could return to his old club after telling the French champions he wants to leave.


Coutinho left Liverpool for Barcelona in January 2018 after forcing through a £142m move to the Spanish side.

However, he has struggled to make an impact in Catalonia and failed to establish himself as a regular starteR under Ernesto Valverde.

The former Inter Milan star will become Niko Kovac’s fifth summer signing and will be hoping for more regular game time this season.

Coutinho has made 75 appearances for Barcelona, scoring 21 goals.


Saturday is GameDay on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 as we become your go to destination for all the Premier League action.

We’ll bring you LIVE commentary of Premier League games across all three time slots on Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm – delivering award-winning coverage to more GameDay listeners than ever.

Please follow and like us:
error
Talk Sport

Man United star Paul Pogba’s brother launches scathing attack on Jose Mourinho and refuses to rule out transfer to Real Madrid

Paul Pogba’s brother Mathias has launched a scathing attack on ex-Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho.

Mathias, who plays for Spanish fourth tier side Manchego, has opened up about the rift between the £89million midfielder and the Portuguese.

Mathias and Florentin Pogba
Mathias Pogba was speaking to a Spanish TV channel

Mourinho was sacked last December and replaced by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his deteriorating relationship with Pogba was said to be one of the key factors in his dismissal.

The French midfielder was stripped of his vice captaincy, with Mourinho claiming: “No player is bigger than the club.”

And now Mathias has criticised Mourinho and claimed he is not a good example of a manager anymore in comparison to that of Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp.

Speaking to Spanish TV channel El Chiringuito, Mathias said: “No, he isn’t a winner.

“Who is Mourinho? Players don’t always have to back their coach.

“You do if he’s right there alongside you, but there was a divide between him and the whole team.

“I have respect for what he’s won, but he’s not a good example now.


“[Jurgen] Klopp, [Zinedine] Zidane and Pep [Guardiola] are.”

Mathias also revealed his brother still hopes to complete a move to Real Madrid – and hasn’t ruled out a switch this month.

He added: “Paul wants to go. He can’t do everything at United.

“The player that Zidane is missing is Paul. It’s not impossible for Florentino to sign him.

“I can’t guarantee that Paul will continue at United. Until September 2, anything can happen. Madrid needs the football and joy that Paul brings.”

Pogba hinted that he would leave Man Utd after the 4-0 win over Chelsea, by saying ‘question marks remain’ over his future.

Los Blancos chief Zinedine Zidane wants the midfielder to add the final piece to his jigsaw but the club are baulking at his asking price.

It is believed the Red Devils are demanding around £150m for the playmaker – but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not keen on letting him leave.

Please follow and like us:
error