The Barcelona forward has struggled to replicate the form he showed at Liverpool since his move to Catalonia.
He signed in January 2018 in a deal reported to be worth up to £142million.
The 26-year-old has been linked with a move away from the Camp Nou, and the Spanish press report he has plenty of suitors.
UEFA would need to lift their transfer ban on Chelsea for any move to Stamford Bridge to take place, but Coutinho is reportedly seen as a replacement for Eden Hazard, with the Belgium international consistently linked with Real Madrid.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Middlesbrough vs Bristol City (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Accrington Stanley vs Sunderland (Wednesday 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Liverpool (Friday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Norwich vs QPR (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Huddersfield vs Leicester (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester City vs Brighton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Coventry vs Bristol Rovers (Sunday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Watford vs Wolves (Sunday, 4pm) – talkSPORT
The Blues also have a large contingent of Brazilian players, which would make the move more enticing for Coutinho.
His fellow countryman, Neymar, could try and persuade him to move to the Ligue 1 champions who are desperate for Champions League success.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
HERE TO ASSIST
Christian Eriksen has joined Manchester United legend as assist king
Police, Everton investigate footage of pub brawl allegedly involving Jordan Pickford
Manchester United have also been linked with Coutinho for a number of months, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is believed to be keen on a potential summer swoop for him.
However, the Red Devils have a disadvantage in the race for Coutinho as, according to Sport, the player is unwilling to represent one of Liverpool’s biggest rivals having been on the Anfield club’s books for five years.
Football Index Futures
Become a Football Futures Trader on
Trade £500 RISK FREE for 7 Days.
- Build your Portfolio
- Earn Dividends
- Sell at a Profit!
Get started from just £10 Learn more - join.fifutures.com