Talk Sport

Anthony Martial’s agent says Manchester United contract extension unlikely despite club triggering option to keep him until 2020

Manchester United and Anthony Martial are ‘far from an agreement’ over a new contract, the France international’s agent has revealed.

On Monday, United triggered the option of a one-year extension that was written in Martial’s existing contract, keeping him at Old Trafford until 2020.

Martial’s future at Old Trafford remains uncertain

His deal was due to expire at the end of this season, and various clubs are keeping tabs on Martial’s situation, including Premier League sides Arsenal and Chelsea, as well as Inter of Milan.

Jose Mourinho was happy to let Martial leave earlier this year, but United chiefs refused to back the forward’s departure, and he has now come around to keeping Martial at Old Trafford.

Talks have been opened between the club and Martial over a new five-year contract, but the player’s agent, Philippe Lamboley, is ‘very pessimistic’ about a deal getting done.

“I am very pessimistic about a positive outcome of the discussions,” Lamboley told RMC Sport.


“They’ve already made several offers that do not meet our expectations. We are far from an agreement for the time being.”

Throughout the summer, Martial had reportedly decided to leave Old Trafford, with Lamboley saying: “After thinking about all the possibilities and settings, Anthony wants to leave Manchester United.”

Martial started just one of United’s first four league matches this season, but hit a brilliant run of form at the start of October. He has scored seven times in his previous nine Premier League appearances, but was only named on the bench for last weekend’s trip to Liverpool.

Martial was introduced with 11 minutes remaining of the 3-1 defeat, which keeps United 11 points behind the top four at almost the halfway point of the season.

 

Please follow and like us:
Talk Sport

Manchester United transfer news: Juventus ‘plotting £125m bid’ for Paul Pogba in January

Juventus are preparing a stunning £125million bid to re-sign Paul Pogba from Manchester United, according to reports.

The Italian giants are said to be keen to bring the midfielder back to Turin and will make their move in the January transfer window.

Is Pogba set to leave Manchester United next month?

Pogba is now a £89m outcast in Jose Mourinho’s United team and his future uncertain after a number of snubs this season – the latest being Sunday’s defeat to rivals Liverpool, where he was left on the bench.

The player and manager’s relationship has deteriorated throughout the campaign and, having so far failed to live up to his price tag, it is claimed Mourinho wants him out of the club and Pogba is keen to leave.

And, according to the Daily Star, Juventus are ready to mount a £125m bid to re-sign their former star next month.

It is claimed Pogba has told agent Mino Raiola and close friends that he would love to return to Juventus, where earlier in the season he said was his ‘home’.

Pogba, left, and Jose Mourinho’s relationship has come under increased scrutiny this season

However, it is also suggested Manchester United chiefs want to keep hold of the World Cup winner and will not allow him to leave freely in January.

Pogba is one of the club’s key commercial assets and it is said executive vice chairman Ed Woodward will not sanction the sale and is confident the midfielder can turn around his career at United.


FACTS AND STATS: Man United’s terrible season is worse than under David Moyes


That is sure not to please Mourinho, but with the manager under huge pressure in the Old Trafford hotseat after overseeing the club’s worst ever start to a Premier League season, there is every chance Pogba could soon be playing under a new boss.

Please follow and like us:
Talk Sport

Transfer news and football gossip: Manchester City make contact with Isco, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham rivals in race to sign £45m Pepe

talkSPORT.com round up all the biggest transfer news and latest football gossip from Tuesday’s papers and online…

Manchester City have made contact with Isco, the Real Madrid midfielder, with Pep Guardiola keen on signing him in the summer. The 26-year-old is currently out-of-favour at the Bernabeu. (AS)

London rivals Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham are battling each other to sign Nicolas Pepe, the Lille forward, in a £45million deal. (Daily Star)

Everton will allow young defender Mason Holgate to leave the club on loan when the January transfer window opens. The 22-year-old has not been involved in any of Everton’s last nine Premier League matches after starting four out of the first five. (Sky Sports)

Holgate will hope to secure guaranteed first-team football next month

Adrien Rabiot will NOT sign a new contract with Paris Saint-Germain, with Liverpool keen on signing the France midfielder on a free transfer. (Yahoo)

Juventus are planning to make a huge £125 bid to re-sign Paul Pogba from Manchester United. The Red Devils plan to keep hold of Pogba, the midfielder, however. (Express)

United are among the clubs showing interest in Ozan Kabak, the 18-year-old Galatasaray defender. The Turkish club value Kabak at £20million, but it is believed there is a £6.7million release clause in his contract. (Daily Mail)

The Old Trafford will have to pay a reported £24million if they decide to sack Jose Mourinho before the end of the January transfer window. (Daily Record)

Mourinho is being backed to become the next Premier League manager sacked

Jack Wilshere, the West Ham midfielder, could be out injured for the remainder of the season with new ankle problems. (The Sun)

Barcelona forward Malcom has been the subject of €65million bids from unnamed Chinese Super League clubs. (AS)


And here are the top talkSPORT.com stories

EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United manager latest: Zinedine Zidane would ‘love’ job if Jose Mourinho is sacked, talkSPORT told

EXCLUSIVE: Danny Murphy explains why it is ‘beneficial’ Liverpool star Virgil van Dijk will miss first leg of Champions League tie with Bayern Munich

Van Dijk picked up a yellow card in the group stage defeat of Napoli which rules him out the first leg of Liverpool’s last 16 clash

EXCLUSIVE: ‘Why wait?’ – Manchester United should sack Jose Mourinho NOW, Danny Murphy tells talkSPORT

EXCLUSIVE: ‘It’s ridiculous!’ – Adrian Durham tears into Arsenal fans, Unai Emery and Mesut Ozil after unbeaten run comes to a shuddering halt at Southampton

Manchester United’s terrible season is worse than under Moyes – the stats, facts and figures from 2018/19 Premier League campaign

Paul Ince launches astonishing attack at Manchester United stars Jesse Lingard and Chris Smalling and claims majority of squad are ‘not fit to wear the shirt’ after Liverpool loss

Please follow and like us:
Talk Sport

Manchester United transfer news: Red Devils ‘send scouts’ to watch highly-rated Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly

Manchester United have sent scouts to watch Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly as they plan a mega bid in January, according to reports.

Jose Mourinho has made no secret of his desire for a world-class centre-back – the Red Devils have already conceded as many goals this campaign than they did in the whole of last season.

Kalidou Koulibaly is one of Europe’s most highly-rated centre-backs

They sit a shocking 19 points adrift of Premier League-leaders Liverpool after a dismal 3-1 defeat at Anfield on Sunday.

And according to The Sun, the club are eyeing up Koulibaly to help turn their fortunes around in January.

It is understood United scouts were at Anfield for Napoli’s 1-0 defeat to Liverpool in the Champions League last Tuesday.

Jose Mourinho needs defensive reinforcements

An Old Trafford source said: “The club had people there and it wasn’t just to run the rule over Liverpool.

“They wanted to see what Koulibaly was like against English opposition after watching him a few times in Italy.

“He impressed everyone and the need for players at the back has never been more evident.”

The Senegal international, widely considered to be one of Europe’s best centre-backs, is likely to cost up to £90m.

Former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri reportedly tried to lure him to Chelsea during the summer, but instead Koulibaly signed a new five-year deal with the Serie A club in September.


Please follow and like us:
Talk Sport

‘Paul Pogba is FINISHED at Manchester United’, says talkSPORT host Alan Brazil

talkSPORT host and former Manchester United striker Alan Brazil says Paul Pogba is ‘finished’ at Old Trafford.

The World Cup winner was snubbed by manager Jose Mourinho for Sunday’s dismal 3-1 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield.

Paul Pogba remained on the bench for Man United’s defeat to Liverpool

Pogba was left on the bench with Ander Herrera instead preferred in central midfield alongside Nemanja Matic, with Mourinho deciding to bring on Marouane Fellaini at half-time and Juan Mata late on with the Red Devils trailing.

Fans were fuming at Pogba’s absence and United legend Roy Keane said after the game it would be ‘no big deal’ if the midfielder left the club.

Mourinho looked devoid of ideas at Anfield

And Sports Breakfast host Mr Brazil agrees, saying on Monday morning: “I am baffled by Manchester United.

Pogba is bombed now. He’s finished. Out.

“Let’s be honest, they are miles away from Liverpool.”

Defeat to Liverpool left Man United 11 points off the top four with almost half the season gone. They have their lowest points total at this stage of a campaign since 1990/91, while it has been 56 years since the Red Devils had last conceded more goals at this stage of a top-flight league season.

Please follow and like us:
Talk Sport

Rangers transfer news: Steven Gerrard hopes to sign Everton starlet Kieran Dowell to replace Ovie Ejaria following return to Liverpool

Rangers hope to sign Everton midfielder Kieran Dowell in January to replace Ovie Ejaria, who cut short his Ibrox loan and returned to Liverpool last week.

Ejaria, 21, joined Gers throughout the summer for the season, but has decided to go back to his parent club after failing to settle in Glasgow.

Dowell is Rangers’ target to replace Ejaria

He had made 28 appearances for Steven Gerrard’s side before cutting his loan short, and had been praised for putting in some impressive performances.

However, Gerrard is now on the lookout for a new central midfielder, to replace Ejaria, and the Scottish Sun say he’s keen on Dowell, who plays for Liverpool’s fierce local rivals Everton.

Dowell, who spent last season on loan at Nottingham Forest, has made five appearances for Everton, two of which came in the Carabao Cup this term.


He was part of the England team that won the Under-20 World Cup last year, and Gerrard has admitted his admiration for the youngster.

“I definitely admire him,” Gerrard said. “He’s an Under-21 international. He’s a player I admire but there’s not really anything else to say on that at the moment as he’s an Everton player.”

Rangers returned to the top of the Premiership table on Sunday, courtesy of their defeat of Hamilton and Celtic losing to Hibs.

Please follow and like us:
Talk Sport

Transfer news and gossip: Paul Pogba told he can leave Man United, Barcelona target Luis Suarez replacement, Reece Oxford to join Premier League rivals?

talkSPORT.com round-up all the latest transfer news and football gossip from Monday’s papers and online…

Manchester United legend Roy Keane says it would be “no big deal” if Paul Pogba was sold by the club. The French midfielder was left on the bench for Sunday’s defeat to Liverpool at Anfield – FULL STORY

Barcelona have reportedly made an offer for Chelsea centre-back Andreas Christensen, 22. (Sport)

West Ham youngster Reece Oxford is wanted by Premier League rivals Everton, 20. (Daily Mail)

Barcelona have put together a seven-player shortlist of strikers to replace 32-year-old Luis Suarez, which reportedly includes 22-year-old RB Leipzig sgriker Timo Werner and 20-year-old Luka Jovic who is starring in the Bundesliga this season on loan from Benfica. (Mundo Deportivo)

Roy Keane says it wouldn’t be a big deal if Paul Pogba left Man United

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has been criticised by former Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas, who said after yesterday’s loss at Liverpool: “At what point do you see that coaches are no longer to lead a team or train?” (Daily Mirror)

A number of English clubs are watching 21-year-old London-born striker Ronald Sobowale – the cousin of Bayern Munich star David Alaba – who is currently playing in non-league football in England. (Daily Mail)

Barcelona are reportedly looking for a long-term replacement for Luis Suarez

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has confirmed he will attempt to make signings in “two or three positions” in the January transfer window. (Sky Sports)

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has also said he is considering reinforcing his squad in January – but has made no guarantees they would find better players than they already have. The Cherries currently sit 11th in the Premier League table after a decent start to the season. (Bournemouth Daily Echo)


Please follow and like us:
Talk Sport

Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery eyeing £40m Boca Juniors star Cristian Pavon in January window

Arsenal are reportedly lining up a move for Cristian Pavon.

The Gunners were linked with a swoop for the Boca Juniors winger during the World Cup.

Cristian Pavon is back on Arsenal’s radar

Now, according to The Sun, Unai Emery is ready to sanction a bid for the 22-year-old Argentina international in January.

The report claims contact has already been made with Boca, who have quoted Arsenal a sky-high fee of £40million.

Fulham are also claimed to have made an approach for Pavon, but Arsenal are the frontrunners to secure his signature.

Pavon has won 11 caps for Argentina and is rated as one of the most promising players in South America.

He has been with Boca since 2014, joining from local club Talleres when a teenager in a £1m deal.

Unai Emery is looking to turn Arsenal back into title challengers

Now he could be set for a big-money switch to England, with Arsenal boss Unai Emery keen.

Emery brought in five new players in the summer after being appointed as Arsene Wenger’s successor.

But he is keen to strengthen his squad further and Pavon could be the biggest arrival at the Emirates yet in January.

Please follow and like us:
Talk Sport

Transfer news and gossip: Man United to sell Pogba in January, Arsenal want £40m Boca star, Chelsea to clinch Pulisic deal

The transfer window will be back open in just a few weeks and there is sure to be plenty of business done by clubs in England.

Here are the top rumours, news and gossip from Sunday’s newspapers and online…

Manchester United want to sell Paul Pogba in January. United’s £89million Frenchman has become such a divisive figure in the dressing room that club chiefs are now ready to flog him for a second time, less than three years after making the 25-year-old the most expensive player in the world. (Sunday Mirror)

Paul Pogba has struggled to find his best form at Manchester United

Chelsea will bolster Maurizio Sarri’s squad by signing Borussia Dortmund wide player Christian Pulisic, although a fee still has to be agreed with the Bundesliga leaders. The 20-year-old American has indicated that he wants to join Chelsea in a deal worth around £60million next summer and it could be confirmed as early as next month. (Mail on Sunday)

Arsenal want Boca Juniors winger Cristian Pavon — but he will cost £40million. The Gunners have the 22-year-old Argentine in their sights for the New Year and contact has already been made with his club. (Sun on Sunday)

Arsenal have reportedly got Cristian Pavon in their sights

Arsenal have been offered Barcelona star Denis Suarez for just £14m. The midfielder has been frozen out at the Nou Camp this season seeing just 11 minutes of La Liga action. (Sun on Sunday)

West Ham are looking to take Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira on loan in January. The 22-year-old Belgian-born Brazilian international has featured under Jose Mourinho this season, but he has shunned the club’s offer of a new three-year deal. (Sunday Mirror)

Everton are going all out to do a deal with German giants Red Bull Leipzig for French star Jean-Kevin Augustin. Toffees boss Marco Silva wants a new goalscorer — but Red Bull are after a staggering £38million fee. (Sun on Sunday)

A number of high level English clubs are keeping tabs on Ronald Sobowale – the cousin of Bayern Munich star David Alaba. Premier League sides Watford and Cardiff City, as well as Championship outfits Reading and Sheffield Wednesday, have expressed an interest in the 21-year-old striker. (Mail on Sunday)


Southampton midfielder Steven Davis is open to a return to Rangers next month. The 33-year-old has started just two games this season and is keen to gain more regular playing time. (Mail on Sunday)

Celtic could look to sign two strikers in the January window according to Brendan Rodgers. The indefinite leave of absence given to Leigh Griffiths to receive professional help for personal issues has left 20-year-old Odsonne Edouard as the only senior recognised centre-forward in the squad. (Scotsman)

Please follow and like us:
Talk Sport

Chelsea transfer news: Barcelona ‘launch formal offer’ for Blues defender Andreas Christensen

Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen is wanted by Barcelona and they have already made a bid for him, according to reports.

The Camp Nou club want cover for Samuel Umtiti who is struggling with a knee injury and have identified the 22-year-old defender as the solution.

Andreas Christensen has played one Premier League match this season

Last season, the Denmark international was a fixture in the Chelsea defence under Antonio Conte after returning from a two year loan with Borussia Monchengladbach.

His performances earned him the Chelsea Young Player of the Year award, but he has been unable to replicate that success under Maurizio Sarri.

While he has made nine appearances, only one of those has been in the Premier League and that was in the 2-1 defeat against Wolverhampton Wanderers.


It is clear Christensen is behind David Luiz and Antonio Rudiger in the pecking order, with Sarri preferring the experienced duo over the young Dane.

According to Spanish outlet Sport, Barcelona have ‘launched a formal offer’ for Christensen, who is aware of the contact, while the Catalan Giants are believed to have spoken to the players agent – who happens to be his father.

Last month, Christensen stated he was not happy at being left on the sidelines.

“If you asked every player that’s not playing if they’re happy, they’re going to say no,” he said. “Everyone wants to play.

Christensen was a regular last season under Antonio Conte

“I can’t do anything else but go back there, train and do my best. Every time I get that opportunity, I have to do well and show him (Sarri) that he can count on me. “You don’t want to sit around and wait for it. You want to play straight away and that’s why we all play football.

“Not playing is not fun. It’s a different situation to last season.”

Please follow and like us: